This relaxed two-hour stroll in the historic center of Munich is perfect for individuals, small groups, families and travelers of all ages.
2-Hour Munich Private Walking Tour
- Who: Perfect for all ages
- When: Every day at 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- What: Munich's historical sites
2-Hour Munich Private Walking Tour
your private group
Do you want to explore Munich with all its historic beauty? Our 2-hour Munich Private Walking Tour is the perfect tour for you and your group.
We will take you to the most important sights in the historic center of Munich. You will see the food market, the pedestrian zones, the cafés and restaurants.
Come with us and discover the highlights of our city center at a pace that you’re most comfortable with. Our goal? To help you have the best of times in Munich.
Visit St. Mary's Square, the churches St. Peter and Holy Spirit, Viktualienmarkt, the Old Court, the Hofbräuhaus, the Residence, the Fieldmarshals' Hall and more.
Individuals, couples, families with or without children, seniors, colleagues, workmates and friends who enjoy a relaxing walk in one of Germany's most beautiful cities.
Walking and exploring can make you hungry. Why don't you extend your tour? Choose from our carefully curated culinary add-ons to walk, see and taste Munich!
What our guests say
“I would absolutely recommend a tour with Your Local Friend. And I will be back for another tour soon!”
Erin G., USA
“Synthia's breadth and depth of knowledge about Munich was unparalleled. I couldn't give this a stronger recommendation.”
Ken R., USA
“We had a lot of fun and still learned a lot about the history of Munich. Very recommendable.”
Heike F., Germany
2-hour Munich walking tour – Summary
Starting from Marienplatz, our two-hour walk will take us to the impressive churches of St. Peter and Holy Spirit, the bustling Viktualienmarkt, the former imperial residences, the Hofbräuhaus beer hall to Odeonsplatz with the Field Marshals’ Hall.
- A two-hour walking tour to the highlights of Munich and its history in excellent English
- The full local expertise and personal charm of Your Local Friend
- Hotel pick-up by arrangement
Times & Dates
- Our walking tour starts twice a day: In the morning at 9:30 a.m. and in the afternoon at 2:00 p.m.
- Bookings can be made until 24 hours prior to the tour.
- Duration of the tour: 2 hours
- No tours during Christmas break: 22nd Dec - 6th Jan
We will either meet at the Fish Fountain right on St. Mary’s Square/Marienplatz or pick you up from your city hotel.
Customize your tour
Would you like to have some food with your tour? Choose from our delicious culinary add-ons during the booking process.
What's not included
- Food and drinks: See our culinary add-ons
- Tickets for public transport
- Tickets to the Royal Residence
This tour is stroller and wheelchair accessible.
Kids are welcome – we will do our best to adjust our tours to suit all ages.
We run our tours rain or shine, so please dress appropriately.
€ 199 for your private group
Optional culinary package
- Optional culinary packages starting from € 16 per person
Groups with more than 10 persons
Our tours are designed for small, exclusive groups with a size of 1 to 10 persons. If your group consists of more than 10 persons, it is sometimes helpful to create two groups. In other cases, you might prefer to keep the entire party together.
Let us find the best solution for you! If you're coming with a group of more than 10 persons, please contact us.
+++ Munich Update +++
Dear travelers and guests in Munich,
the current situation with the Coronavirus is forcing us all to reconsider our daily routines. As a tour company, we are putting our customers’ safety first and have therefore decided to take the following measures, for the time being and until further notice:
- Until 10th January 2021, or until further notice, we will not be conducting any walking or culinary tours in Munich.
- We have developed an attractive set of live guided virtual tours for you to enjoy comfortably from your own screen.
- To register for a virtual tour, please contact us
Follow us and stay in touch
Follow us and stay in touch! You will be updated with recommendations, event notes, local news, and tour information on our Facebook page.
Facebook is the ideal social media asset for us to share our knowledge and insider info with you. Our growing fanbase is a vital community of international travelers who appreciate a personal private tour service with a highly immersive access to our culture and history.