Join us on an unforgettable walk through the centuries and see the fascinating highlights of Munich's historic center.
3-Hour Munich Private Walking Tour
- Who: Perfect for explorers
- When: Daily at 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- What: Munich highlights & insights
3-Hour Munich Private Walking Tour
your private group
Our tour starts at Marienplatz with the beautiful new city hall and its famous glockenspiel. Learn how our city was founded and how Catholicism has shaped Munich.
We will visit Viktualienmarkt with its cornucopia of fresh delicacies, the Hofbräuhaus, and the Residence, home to Bavaria’s rulers for many centuries.
Facing the Fieldmarshals’ Hall, we’ll talk about the darkest chapter in the history of Munich: The Third Reich, at the end of which the city was left in ruins. Understand how Munich was rebuilt to become Germany’s most livable city.
Visit Marienplatz, the churches of St. Peter and Holy Spirit, Viktualienmarkt, the Hofbräuhaus, the Royal Residence, the Field Marshals' Hall and more.
Discover what we believe are the true highlights of our city, at a pace that you’re most comfortable with. Let us step into the story behind!
How about a tasty extension of your walking tour? Treat yourself to one of our carefully curated culinary add-ons!
What our guests say
“It was a very unique tour with lots of insights and stories behind the wonderful city.”
Mark B., USA
“Me and my wife took a walking tour with Tobias. It was the absolute perfect combination of history, culture and culinary.”
Marcus W., Germany
“Excellent tour! Synthia clearly cares about her clients and even stopped and helped my wife pick out a sweater when she was cold. Money well-spent!.”
Ken J., USA
3-hour Munich walking tour – Summary
Starting from Marienplatz, our three-hour walk will take us to the churches of St. Peter and Holy Spirit, Viktualienmarkt, the former imperial residences, the Hofbräuhaus beer hall to Odeonsplatz with the Field Marshals’ Hall.
- A three-hour walking tour to the highlights of Munich and its history in excellent English
- The full local expertise and personal charm of Your Local Friend
- Hotel pick-up by arrangement
Times & Dates
- Our walking tour starts twice a day: In the morning at 9:30 a.m. and in the afternoon at 2:00 p.m.
- Bookings can be made until 24 hours prior to the tour.
- Duration of the tour: 3 hours
- No tours during Christmas break: 22nd Dec - 6th Jan
We will either meet at the Fish Fountain right on St. Mary’s Square/Marienplatz or pick you up from your city hotel.
Customize your tour
Would you like to have some food with your tour? Choose from our delicious culinary add-ons during the booking process.
What's not included
- Food and drinks: See our culinary add-ons
- Tickets for public transport
- Tickets to the Royal Residence
This tour is stroller and wheelchair accessible.
Kids are welcome – we will do our best to adjust our tours to suit all ages.
We run our tours rain or shine, so please dress appropriately.
€ 249 for your private group
Optional culinary package
Optional culinary packages starting from € 16 per person
Groups with more than 10 persons
Our tours are designed for small, exclusive groups with a size of 1 to 10 persons. If your group consists of more than 10 persons, it is sometimes helpful to create two groups. In other cases, you might prefer to keep the entire party together.
Let us find the best solution for you! If you're coming with a group of more than 10 persons, please contact us.
+++ Munich Update +++
Dear travelers and guests in Munich,
the current situation with the Coronavirus is forcing us all to reconsider our daily routines. As a tour company, we are putting our customers’ safety first and have therefore decided to take the following measures, for the time being and until further notice:
- Until 10th January 2021, or until further notice, we will not be conducting any walking or culinary tours in Munich.
- We have developed an attractive set of live guided virtual tours for you to enjoy comfortably from your own screen.
- To register for a virtual tour, please contact us
Follow us and stay in touch
Follow us and stay in touch! You will be updated with recommendations, event notes, local news, and tour information on our Facebook page.
Facebook is the ideal social media asset for us to share our knowledge and insider info with you. Our growing fanbase is a vital community of international travelers who appreciate a personal private tour service with a highly immersive access to our culture and history.