This tour is about beer tasting….and much more! Understand how the liquid gold came to be an essential part of Munich's culture and lifestyle.
Beer and Pretzels
- Who: All except hens & stags
- When: Tue - Sat, 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Culinary package: € 50 p.p.
Beer and Pretzels
your private group
"Beer Capital of the World": Munich is famous for its beer halls and beer gardens scattered across the city and, of course, the annual Oktoberfest. Let us introduce you to the history of Bavarian beer and to Munich's beer culture.
To dig deeper into the process of beer brewing, we will take you to the Beer and Oktoberfest museum located in a beautifully renovated old townhouse.
On this 2-hour walking tour, there will be plenty to eat and drink as we visit some of Munich's best traditional restaurants and beer halls to enjoy local beer and a rich Bavarian Brotzeit platter.
Enjoy delicious beer and Bavarian delicacies. Understand how the liquid gold came to be an essential part of Munich's culture. A visit to the Beer and Oktoberfest museum will round our tour off.
As experienced local guides, we'll share our knowledge of the history of beer brewing and contemporary lifestyle in Munich with you.
The culinary package includes: a selection of 5 types of beer, pretzels, bread and a traditional Bavarian Brotzeit platter with sausage, cheese, pickles, spreads and more
What our guests say
“I can only recommend this tour to everybody, no matter whether private or business.”
Mitch H., USA
“Don’t forget to ask for recommendations - our Local Friend steered us to a local beer garden where we could eat and drink like the locals do!"
Sunny G., USA
“I don't remember ever getting an equivalent city tour anywhere. Tailored to each individual and always well informed.”
Joaquin L., USA
Beer & Pretzels – Summary
Our tour starts with a variety of delicious beer and fresh pretzels. Learn about Munich beer as we walk to famous sites such as Viktualienmarkt, the Old Court and Hofbräuhaus. See where beer brewing was introduced in former monasteries. After a visit to the Oktoberfest museum, we will have a tasty meal of Bavarian delicacies and, of course, more beer!
- A 2-hour beer and food walking tour in Munich’s historic center in excellent English
- A selection of 5 types of beer, pretzels, bread and a traditional Bavarian Brotzeit platter with sausage, cheese, pickles, spreads and more
- Tickets to the Beer- and Oktoberfest museum
- Hotel pick-up by arrangement
Times & Dates
- Our Beer&Pretzels walking tour starts twice a day in the afternoon: at 1:30 p.m. and at 4:00 p.m.
- Bookings can be made until 1 week prior to the day.
- Duration of the tour: 2 hours
- No tours on Sundays, on Mondays and during Christmas break: 22nd Dec - 6th Jan
We will either meet at the Fish Fountain right on St. Mary’s Square/Marienplatz or pick you up from your city hotel.
What's not included
Additional food and drinks
Yes, this is a tour about beer. But it's about tasting wonderful beer, not getting drunk.
Please understand that we do not run this tour for hen or stag / bachelor parties.
€ 199 for your private group
€ 50 per person for food and drinks
Groups with more than 10 persons
Our tours are designed for small, exclusive groups with a size of 1 to 10 persons. If your group consists of more than 10 persons, it is sometimes helpful to create two groups. In other cases, you might prefer to keep the entire party together.
Let us find the best solution for you! If you're coming with a group of more than 10 persons, please contact us.
+++ Munich Update +++
Dear travelers and guests in Munich,
the current situation with the Coronavirus is forcing us all to reconsider our daily routines. As a tour company, we are putting our customers’ safety first and have therefore decided to take the following measures, for the time being and until further notice:
- Until 31st January 2021, or until further notice, we will not be conducting any walking or culinary tours in Munich.
- We have developed an attractive set of live guided virtual tours for you to enjoy comfortably from your own screen.
- To register for a virtual tour, please contact us
Follow us and stay in touch
Follow us and stay in touch! You will be updated with recommendations, event notes, local news, and tour information on our Facebook page.
Facebook is the ideal social media asset for us to share our knowledge and insider info with you. Our growing fanbase is a vital community of international travelers who appreciate a personal private tour service with a highly immersive access to our culture and history.