See the fascinating highlights of Munich's historic center and take a trip off the beaten path to discover the bustling old neighborhood of Haidhausen.
Best of Munich plus Haidhausen
- Who: Ideal for everyone
- When: Daily at 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- What: Walk off the beaten track
Best of Munich plus Haidhausen
your private group
See the highlights of Munich's historic center and find out what's on the other side of the river.
The tram will take us across the Isar to the old neighborhood of Haidhausen with its trendy shops and bars, small residences and beergardens. This is easy, since Munich has a modern and comfortable public transport system.
This is the right tour for you if you want to see the main attractions and discover the city beyond the beaten path. Perfect for first-timers who want to get a fuller picture of Munich.
This well-balanced walking tour will give you the best of both worlds: the historic center of Munich and Haidhausen, former working class district.
Learn about the old tradition of beer brewing, discover traditional boardhouses and modern bar culture in Munich’s French Quarter.
Would you like to add some delicious extra-time to your walking tour? Treat yourself to one of our culinary add-ons!
What our guests say
“A great city tour and a great guy. Perfectly coordinated. Happy to do it again.”
Steffen B., Germany
“Tobias and Synthia offer wonderful guided tours with love for the city of Munich.”
Erik M., Hungary
“None of my questions were left unanswered. I couldn't give this a stronger recommendation!”
Richard G., USA
Best of Munich plus Haidhausen – Summary
Our walk starts at Marienplatz with its famous Glockenspiel. You will see St. Peter’s church and Holy Spirit, Viktualienmarkt, the Old Court and the Royal Residence, the Hofbräuhaus beer hall, and many more. After that, we will use public transport to get to Haidhausen.
- A 3-hour walking tour in Munich’s historic center and Haidhausen in excellent English
- Hotel pick-up by arrangement
Times & Dates
- Our walking tour starts twice a day: In the morning at 9:30 a.m. and in the afternoon at 2:00 p.m.
- Bookings can be made until 24 hours prior to the tour.
- Duration of the tour: 3 hours
- No tours during Christmas break: 22nd Dec - 6th Jan
We will either meet at the Fish Fountain right on St. Mary’s Square/Marienplatz or pick you up from your city hotel.
Customize your tour
Would you like to have some food with your tour? Choose from our delicious culinary add-ons during the booking process.
What's not included
- Food and drinks: See our culinary add-ons
- Tickets for the tram ride : Group ticket from € 17.00
Kids are welcome – we will do our best to adjust our tours to suit all ages.
We run our tours rain or shine, so please dress appropriately.
€ 249 for your private group
Optional culinary package
Optional culinary packages starting from € 16 per person
Groups with more than 10 persons
Our tours are designed for small, exclusive groups with a size of 1 to 10 persons. If your group consists of more than 10 persons, it is sometimes helpful to create two groups. In other cases, you might prefer to keep the entire party together.
Let us find the best solution for you! If you're coming with a group of more than 10 persons, please contact us.
+++ Munich Update +++
Dear travelers and guests in Munich,
the current situation with the Coronavirus is forcing us all to reconsider our daily routines. As a tour company, we are putting our customers’ safety first and have therefore decided to take the following measures, for the time being and until further notice:
- As of 30th May, we are resuming our walking tours. We are not conducting culinary tours yet.
- Guests should bring their personal face masks, as we will ask everyone to wear it where it seems appropriate - e.g. when passing crowded places.
- Please do always keep a distance of 1.5m from all participants in the group. The guide will maintain a bigger distance of approx. 2m.
- To register for a tour, please contact us
Follow us and stay in touch
Follow us and stay in touch! You will be updated with recommendations, event notes, local news, and tour information on our Facebook page.
Facebook is the ideal social media asset for us to share our knowledge and insider info with you. Our growing fanbase is a vital community of international travelers who appreciate a personal private tour service with a highly immersive access to our culture and history.