This walking tour will take you from the historic center to the grounds of the 1972 Summer Games and is a must-do, not only for car passionistas!
Best of Munich plus Olympic Park
- Who: For all ages
- When: Daily at 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Additional costs: Metro & Olympic Tower
Best of Munich plus Olympic Park
your private group
Munich wouldn’t be the same without the 1972 Summer Games. Discover how they influenced the city’s infrastructure as we walk through the city's historic center.
A subway ride will take us to the original sites of the Games. Enjoy the breathtaking architecture of the park and its buildings. From the Olympic Tower, you will have unforgettable views of Munich and the Bavarian Alps.
Car passionistas, listen up! You’re right on the spot where BMW started to become one of the world’s most famous car manufacturers. The BMW World, made of glass and steel, is an architectural masterpiece.
This tour is a walk in the park – need we say more?
The panoramic view of Munich from 190 meters above ground is breathtaking. Explore the original sites of the 1972 Summer Games and find out where Mark Spitz won his seven gold medals.
How about a coffee break on our way? Or a Bavarian Brotzeit - a platter of local delicacies - and a beer? Treat yourself to one of our culinary add-ons!
What our guests say
“Synthia was a perfect host and showed me her city. I've been to Munich before but only now do I feel that I really understand it.”
Romina S., UK
“Spoke excellent English. Very nice and quite personable. The private tour was money well-spent!.”
Ela M., USA
“Look no further!”
Peter J., AUS
Best of Munich plus Olympic Park – Summary
Our walk through the historic center starts at Marienplatz. You will see St. Peter’s church, Viktualienmarkt, the Royal Residence, the Hofbräuhaus, and more. By public transport we will get to the Olympic Park and see the venue of the 1972 Summer Games, the Olympic Tower and Lake and the world of BMW.
- A 3-hour walking tour in Munich’s historic center and the Olympic Park in excellent English
- Hotel pick-up by arrangement
Times & Dates
- Our walking tour starts twice a day: In the morning at 9:30 a.m. and in the afternoon at 2:00 p.m.
- Bookings can be made until 24 hours prior to the tour.
- Duration of the tour: 3 hours
- No tours during Christmas break: 22nd Dec - 6th Jan
We will either meet at the Fish Fountain right on St. Mary’s Square/Marienplatz or pick you up from your city hotel.
Customize your tour
Would you like to have some food with your tour? Choose from our delicious culinary add-ons during the booking process.
What's not included
- Food and drinks: See our culinary add-ons
- Tickets to the Olympic Tower: € 13.50 per person
- Tickets for public transport : Group ticket from € 17.00
Kids are welcome – we will do our best to adjust our tours to suit all ages.
We run our tours rain or shine, so please dress appropriately.
€ 249 for your private group
Optional culinary package
Optional culinary packages starting from € 16 per person
Groups with more than 10 persons
Our tours are designed for small, exclusive groups with a size of 1 to 10 persons. If your group consists of more than 10 persons, it is sometimes helpful to create two groups. In other cases, you might prefer to keep the entire party together.
Let us find the best solution for you! If you're coming with a group of more than 10 persons, please contact us.
+++ Munich Update +++
Dear travelers and guests in Munich,
the current situation with the Coronavirus is forcing us all to reconsider our daily routines. As a tour company, we are putting our customers’ safety first and have therefore decided to take the following measures, for the time being and until further notice:
- As of 30th May, we are resuming our walking tours. We are not conducting culinary tours yet.
- Guests should bring their personal face masks, as we will ask everyone to wear it where it seems appropriate - e.g. when passing crowded places.
- Please do always keep a distance of 1.5m from all participants in the group. The guide will maintain a bigger distance of approx. 2m.
- To register for a tour, please contact us
Follow us and stay in touch
Follow us and stay in touch! You will be updated with recommendations, event notes, local news, and tour information on our Facebook page.
Facebook is the ideal social media asset for us to share our knowledge and insider info with you. Our growing fanbase is a vital community of international travelers who appreciate a personal private tour service with a highly immersive access to our culture and history.