An expert licensed guide will take you to the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site to visit the grounds and exhibitions.
Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site Tour
- Who: Adults, youth (>14yrs)
- When: 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Optional: Driver
Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site Tour
your private group
The Dachau concentration camp was installed in 1933 and regarded as "model camp" for all other concentration camps by the National Socialists.
Today, a memorial is giving visitors a chance to learn of the atrocities that prisoners had to endure.
Starting from Munich's city center, we will take you to the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site to visit the grounds and exhibitions with an expert licensed guide. Tour ends in downtown Munich.
Learn about history as we guide you through the former camp, visiting historical buildings and modern reconstructions, and parts of the permanent exhibition.
One of the central questions that we will be dealing with is "What does all of this this history have to do with us who are living today?".
This tour does not include food, but you will find snacks and drinks at the memorial site's cafeteria. Culinary at own expense.
Why should I take a guided tour?
While you may always visit the Memorial Site on your own, with entrance being free of charge, we recommend booking our tour. We will guide to through the grounds and share our profound knowledge of the history of the Dachau Concentration Camp and the Memorial Site.
Do guides need a license to do tours at the Memorial Site?
Yes, they do. Only tour guides licensed by the memorial’s education department are authorized to offer tours in the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial. All of our associated tour guides are licensed.
- The Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site has been existing since 1965. The exhibition was newly curated in 2003.
- The Memorial Site is open every day from 9.00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. On 24th December (Christmas Eve) the Memorial Site is closed.
Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site Tour – Summary
Visit the grounds and exhibitions of the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site with an expert licensed guide. Our tour starts and ends in Munich's city center.
- A 5-hour tour to the Concentration Camp Memorial Site, starting and ending in Munich
- Our profound knowledge as we cover the historic facts and time to explain and discuss
- Hotel pick-up by arrangement
Times & Dates
- Our Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site Tour starts twice a day: In the morning at 9:00 a.m. and at noon 12:00 p.m.
- Bookings can be made until 4 weeks prior to the day.
- Duration of the tour: 5 hours
- No tours during Christmas break: 22nd Dec - 6th Jan
We will either meet at the Fish Fountain right on St. Mary’s Square/Marienplatz or pick you up from your city hotel.
This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 14.
We run our tours rain or shine, so please dress appropriately.
Optional culinary package
Snacks and drinks at the memorial site’s cafeteria (at own expense only)
Groups with more than 10 persons
Our tours are designed for small, exclusive groups with a size of 1 to 10 persons. If your group consists of more than 10 persons, it is sometimes helpful to create two groups. In other cases, you might prefer to keep the entire party together.
Let us find the best solution for you! If you're coming with a group of more than 10 persons, please contact us.
Please note: this tour will be available from fall 2020
Our tour to the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site will be available in our booking system from fall 2020 on. In the meantime, you may contact us if you would like to find out more about this tour. We look forward to hearing from you.
+++ Munich Update +++
Dear travelers and guests in Munich,
the current situation with the Coronavirus is forcing us all to reconsider our daily routines. As a tour company, we are putting our customers’ safety first and have therefore decided to take the following measures, for the time being and until further notice:
- Until 31st January 2021, or until further notice, we will not be conducting any walking or culinary tours in Munich.
- We have developed an attractive set of live guided virtual tours for you to enjoy comfortably from your own screen.
- To register for a virtual tour, please contact us
Follow us and stay in touch
Follow us and stay in touch! You will be updated with recommendations, event notes, local news, and tour information on our Facebook page.
Facebook is the ideal social media asset for us to share our knowledge and insider info with you. Our growing fanbase is a vital community of international travelers who appreciate a personal private tour service with a highly immersive access to our culture and history.