This tour will take you to historic sites that marked the era of the 'Capital of the Nazi Movement'. Learn about the rise and fall of the Third Reich.
Munich Third Reich Walking Tour
- Who: Adults, youth (>14yrs)
- When: Daily 9:30 a.m and 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Munich's historic center
Munich Third Reich Walking Tour
your private group
It was in Munich that the Nazi party was founded and Adolf Hitler staged his beer hall coup. Which were the events that led to the birth of the Third Reich? How did the locals react to the National Socialist movement? And in which way did and still do the Germans come to terms with the past?
Let us take you to the sites that marked the time of the "Capital of the Nazi Movement" and explain the rise and fall of the Third Reich.
We will be walking to historic places of the National Socialist era in the city center and at Königsplatz, and we will visit the neighborhood of Haidhausen.
Visit Marienplatz, Old City Hall, Hofbräuhaus, Field Marshall’s Hall, the former Gestapo (secret police) headquarters, Königsplatz, former Nazi party administrative and „Führer“ building, Haus der Kunst, and more.
Let us show you the places connected with the darkest chapter in the history of Munich. Even more important: We want you to understand and learn, even where there’s nothing left to see.
We will take a look into the Munich Documentation Center for the History of National Socialism. We're well aware that the big commercial tour operators do not offer this, but in our opinion, it is essential for a better understanding of the full story.
Munich & the Third Reich Walking Tour – Summary
Starting from Marienplatz, our three-hour walk will take us to historic sites such as the former imperial residences Old Court and Royal Residence, the Hofbräuhaus beerhall and the Field Marshals’ Hall to Königsplatz, the NS Documentation Center and the former headquarters of Hitler’s National Social Party.
- A 3-hour walking tour to the sites connected with Munich during the Third Reich
- Our profound knowledge as we cover the historic facts and time to explain and discuss
- Hotel pick-up by arrangement
Times & Dates
- Our Munich and the Third Reich walking tour starts twice a day: In the morning at 9:30 a.m. and in the afternoon at 2:00 p.m.
- Bookings can be made until 72 hours prior to the day.
- Duration of the tour: 3 hours
- No tours during Christmas break: 22nd Dec - 6th Jan
We will either meet at the Fish Fountain right on St. Mary’s Square/Marienplatz or pick you up from your city hotel.
Customize your tour
During the booking process, please feel free to select from our culinary add-ons if you want to include a food break in our walking tour.
What's not included
- Food and drinks: See our culinary add-ons
- Tickets for public transport : Group ticket from € 17.00
- Tickets to the Documentation Center for the History of National Socialism
This tour is wheelchair accessible.
We recommend choosing a different tour if you are with children under the age of 14.
We run our tours rain or shine, so please dress appropriately.
€ 249 for your private group
Optional culinary package
- Coffee and Cake: € 16 per person
- Bavarian Breakfast: € 23 per person
- Bavarian Brotzeit: € 40 per person
Groups with more than 10 persons
Our tours are designed for small, exclusive groups with a size of 1 to 10 persons. If your group consists of more than 10 persons, it is sometimes helpful to create two groups. In other cases, you might prefer to keep the entire party together.
Let us find the best solution for you! If you're coming with a group of more than 10 persons, please contact us.
+++ Munich Update +++
Dear travelers and guests in Munich,
the current situation with the Coronavirus is forcing us all to reconsider our daily routines. As a tour company, we are putting our customers’ safety first and have therefore decided to take the following measures, for the time being and until further notice:
- Until 10th January 2021, or until further notice, we will not be conducting any walking or culinary tours in Munich.
- We have developed an attractive set of live guided virtual tours for you to enjoy comfortably from your own screen.
- To register for a virtual tour, please contact us
Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site Tour
From Munich's city center, we will take you to the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site to visit the grounds and exhibitions with an expert licensed guide. Tour ends in Munich's city center.
Follow us and stay in touch
Follow us and stay in touch! You will be updated with recommendations, event notes, local news, and tour information on our Facebook page.
Facebook is the ideal social media asset for us to share our knowledge and insider info with you. Our growing fanbase is a vital community of international travelers who appreciate a personal private tour service with a highly immersive access to our culture and history.