This is your chance to register now for a new set of tours that we are currently designing. See you in September/October 2020!
- Who: All except hens, stags
- When: Oktoberfest, daily at 10:00 a.m.
- What: Two types of tours
incl. food & drinks
The first thing that comes to people's minds when they think of Oktoberfest? Men and women dressed in funny costumes, gulping down litres of beer and dancing to oompah music.
Well. That might be true for some. We prefer to take you behind the scenes and explain what Oktoberfest really is about. Find out who first started the famous event, understand the history behind the tradition and get in touch with the people running the rides and the tents.
We will be offering two kinds of tours: a 2-hour walk with plenty of background information and stories, ending at your preferred beer tent where the guide will leave you to enjoy the rest of the day, and a 3-hour culinary tour where you will taste beer and a variety of traditional delicacies. Ein Prosit der Gemütlichkeit!
Take a look behind the scenes of the world's most famous beer festival. Learn about the event that initiated Oktoberfest, see the tents and attractions, and understand the Bavarian beer culture of today.
Like most Munich locals, we paid many a visit to Oktoberfest with family and friends, with our guests and business partners. Let us share our favorite places with you!
We are currently preparing two different tours for you: If you choose the culinary walk, there will be beer and wonderful traditional delicacies for you to taste. Wait for the surprise, or come back here later to find out more!
Oktoberfest 2020 – Summary
Starting from Marienplatz, we will take the subway to Theresienwiese to walk through the impressive grounds and see the stalls and the tents, the modern and the traditional rides of the world’s largest fair. On our way, there will be plenty of tasty bits and bites and, of course, wonderful Munich beer - included with your 3-hour tour!
The 3-hour tour includes:
- A 3-hour walking tour of Oktoberfest and stories from behind the scenes
- Traditional snacks and dishes and one litre “Mass” of beer
- Hotel pick-up by arrangement
The 2-hour tour includes:
- A 2-hour walking tour of Oktoberfest and stories from behind the scenes
- At the end of the tour, the guide will lead you to your preferred beer tent and leave
- Hotel pick-up by arrangement
Times & Dates
- We are currently setting up our time schedule for the Oktoberfest walking tour s
- Register now for your private tour
- Duration of the tour: 3 hours (including culinary package) or 2 hours (without culinary package)
- Tours running from 19th Sep to 4th Oct
We will either meet at the Fish Fountain right on St. Mary’s Square/Marienplatz, at the Oktoberfest main entrance, or pick you up from your city hotel.
What's not included
- Additional food and drinks, souvenirs, tickets to the rides
- No culinary package included in the 2-hour tour
- Table reservation at the big beer tents
- Tickets for public transport : Group ticket from € 17
This tour is stroller and wheelchair accessible.
Kids are welcome - we will do our best to adjust our tours to suit all ages. Please note that the minimum legal drinking age for beer is 16.
We run our tours rain or shine, so please dress appropriately.
We are currently calculating the best value for you, so stay tuned!
There will be a food & beer tasting included in the 3-hour culinary walk.
Groups with more than 10 persons
Our tours are designed for small, exclusive groups with a size of 1 to 10 persons. If your group consists of more than 10 persons, it is sometimes helpful to create two groups. In other cases, you might prefer to keep the entire party together.
Let us find the best solution for you! If you're coming with a group of more than 10 persons, please contact us.
- Please note that bags must not be bigger than 20 x 15 x 10 centimeters (approx. 8 x 6 x 4 inches)
- Strollers are not permitted after 6 p.m., on Saturdays and public holidays.
- The legal drinking age for beer in Germany is 16 years.
Some words about Munich beer
At the large tents, only beer from Munich breweries is served. Can you name all six of them?
Here, let us help you: Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Hofbräu, Löwenbräu, Paulaner, and Spaten.